Job no: 493138
Work type: CA - Casual
Location: Aurrum Plenty (VIC), Aurrum Healesville (VIC), Aurrum Reservoir (VIC), Aurrum Brunswick (VIC)
Volunteering at Aurrum Aged Care
Aurrum is seeking volunteers to support our resident lifestyle programs on weekday mornings and afternoons. The program includes a range of fun group activities for residents such as gardening, games, bus trips, and celebration and special events.
Lifestyle activities assist residents with improving fitness levels, promoting a sense of well-being and encouraging community connection. Most importantly they bring joy and create smiles!
Volunteers can assist residents by:
- Escorting residents to and from the morning lifestyle programs and assisting as required during the activity program
- Encouraging connection, friendship, and fun
- Providing companionship and a sense of belonging
- Running or participating in book club, cooking classes, bingo, painting, and much more
- Communicating resident feedback to improve resident enjoyment and participation.
This volunteering role is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm and empathetic manner. Volunteering is a wonderful way to make a difference in the lives of our senior residents while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
Volunteering hours currently available: Monday to Friday morning and afternoons between 9:00 am - and 3:30 pm
What we need from you
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate (triple)
- Valid National Police Check
- NDIS Clearance
We would love to welcome your valuable contribution to Aurrum in connecting with our residents and being part of our community!
About Aurrum Aged Care
Aurrum Aged Care is one of Australia's leading residential aged care providers, with a growing presence on the NSW Central Coast and in metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Our residents are at the centre of what we do. The way in which we care is underpinned by our Living Life care philosophy, and our team members are at the heart of our success in the delivery of holistic care to our residents.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend