Job no: 493371
Work type: PP - Part-time Permanent
Location: Aurrum Reservoir (VIC)
Categories: Hospitality & Food Services
ABOUT AURRUM AGED CARE
Aurrum Aged Care is one of Australia's leading residential aged care providers, with a presence on the NSW Central Coast and in metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Our residents are at the centre of what we do. The way in which we care is underpinned by our Living Life care philosophy, and our team members are at the heart of our success in the delivery of holistic care to our residents.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The heart of the Aurrum hospitality ethos, is to ensure the resident's genuine care and comfort through a high-quality dining experience every day. All cuisine served in Aurrum's dining rooms is prepared from scratch in our onsite state-of-the-art kitchens using quality produce sourced fresh, locally and in season. Supporting the Head Chef, Aurrum's passionate cooks prepare a variety of dishes each day for the residents, using a range of healthy cooking techniques to ensure innovative, nutritious, and delicious menu selections delivering both the new and the classics to the dining table.
As the Cook you will:
- Embody and promote Aurrum's food philosophy, providing choice to residents and improve their lives through food
- Ensure excellence of menu delivery to ensure the highest standards of quality
- Support the Head Chef in cost and inventory control measures to minimise food wastage and spoilage
- Undertake reporting and ensure kitchen meets all safety, regulatory and professional compliance standards
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience in catering within a hotel or health/aged care environment
- Understanding of food safety standards and HACCP
- Demonstrated at least 6 months experience as a Cook
- Experience supervising food services staff
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Valid National Police check (specific to work in aged care)
- COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- Be available weekdays and weekends
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH AURRUM AGED CARE
- Free Influenza Vaccination
- Free Aurrum Staff Uniform items
- Mobile friendly roster app
- Comprehensive onboarding including clinical support from Quality Advisors
- Engaging learning activities for professional development
- Free counselling via Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Aurrum All Stars Program
We would like to hear from you if you are someone that shares in our passion of providing exceptional care and support to our residents, their families and making a difference in aged care.
Aurrum is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to welcoming an inclusive, diverse and enriched work environment.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend